With the current UK heatwave and scorching sunny weather set to continue through to August, Well Pharmacy, the UK’s largest independent pharmacy chain, has revealed a list of top tips for treating sunburn.
Ben Parker, Pharmacist for Well Pharmacy shares top 5 tips on treating sunburn:
- Don’t put ice or ice packs directly onto sunburnt skin – instead cool your skin by taking regular cool baths or showers – avoid soaps or perfumed products which could dry out your skin further.
- Apply moisturiser to the area 4 or 5 times daily – any will do, however those with aloe vera can help soothe sunburned skin.
- You can take Ibuprofen or Paracetamol – this is to help with pain relief as well as the inflammation.
- Stay covered - make sure you cover the area from the sun until it heals completely.
- Do not burst any blisters – as it could lead to an infection, most blisters will heal naturally after three to seven days.
To visit your local Well Pharmacy for further advice, please click here https://finder.well.co.uk/